March 22, 2010 Show: Staying Young, Healthy and Vibrant in a Toxic World. An interview with Jackie Silver, Author of “Aging Backwards: Secrets to Staying Young.”March 31, 2010 at 12:10 PM | Posted in Uncategorized, Conscious Lifestyles Radio Show Blog, Healthy Cosmetics, Safe Cosmetics and Body Care, Organic Health, Environmental Stewardship, Environment, Eco Living and Lifestyle | Leave a comment
Tags: Health, Wellness, Organic Lifestyles, Healthy Food Choices, Natural Youth and Beauty, The Sun is Good, Green Smoothies, Exercise, Attitude, Meditation, Respect for Planet and God's Garden
“The greatest wealth is health.” — Virgil
Jackie Silver’s book reveals the secrets to being young, fit, healthy, and vibrant at any age…. and debunks many of the myths that are falsely reported.
Check out Jackie’s web site: http://www.agingbackwards.com and find out how she looks so young at the age of 50 that she still gets ‘carded’ and asked for her I.D.!
– Raw, green vegetables, organic raw fruits and whole, unprocessed foods and a mindfulness to her daily practice of nourishing one’s body is at the core of being healthy. — It is simply impossible to be healthy without feeding your temple the best possible food.
I personally love Green Smoothies, and all Fruit/Veggie Smoothies and fresh juicing practices. This is a great way to get your daily vitamins, and after only a few days of this healthy life choice, you will look in the mirror and see a vibrant face and clear skin!
– Exercise. Jackie explained to us how she practices Dr. Al Sears’ method and exercises only 12 minutes a day! She talked about being in the best shape of her life, and has never had a weight problem again after practicing what she has learned from Dr. Sears’ Center for Health and Wellness. Check out Dr. Sears’ “Pace” Program on Jackie’s web site, http://www.agingbackwards.com, or visit Dr. Sears’ web page at http://www.mypureradiance.com.
– Sunshine. Vitamin D. Everyone needs it. The myth that you should slather on a ton of toxic sunscreen and stay completely out of the sun is FALSE. Jackie explained how everyone needs a bit of sun everyday, and she makes a point to help her body rejuvenate itself naturally by getting the 15 minutes of sun she needs each day. All skin types are different, and require different amounts of sunshine to develop Vitamin D, but EVERYONE needs sun. Additionally, we both talked about the toxic sunscreens that actually CAUSE degenerative diseases and damage skin cells and should be avoided.
I mentioned on the show my favorite, HEALTHY, NON-Toxic, “good for your skin” sunscreen, and you can get it at: http://www.highvibe.com. This sunscreen has amazing vitamins and minerals in the formula that make your skin feel and look totally amazing! I wear it everyday under my makeup, and my skin is healthy, youthful, happy…. and my liver is protected because I am not putting transdermal chemicals into my body!
Jackie talked in depth of the supplement called “Radiance” from Dr. Sears that she takes every day that helps to create Vitamin D in your body as you get your daily dose of sunshine.
– “Facial Magic” facial exercises are part of Jackie’s secret. Check out http://www.agingbackwards.com to get this youth producing secret for yourself!
– Defy Genetics. Jackie tells her readers to defy whatever you’ve been told run in your family… don’t use this as a crutch to stay out of shape, or to allow yourself to get Diabetes, heart disease, etc…… These diseases are ALL avoidable and are the direct result of diet and lifestyle choices. Period. You don’t need to be running to an Allopathic Doctor, who knows virtually nothing about Nutrition and truthful healthcare, and your life may depend upon your own choices to make the Organic, Holistic life changing steps to better health and longevity.
– Attitude. Visualization. Mediation. Thoughts. All are important to being grounded, realizing your higher power and owning your self esteem as a person who is entitled to be here, and to give the world your own, unique gifts that you are here to fulfill. Step into your higher power. Surround yourself with enlightened, honorable human beings, and create an environment of love for the earth, animals, and all of life.
– Every woman needs a sacred, beautiful place for herself to restore and heal. Make a space for yourself that is all your own.
– Organically, cleanly-made cosmetics and facial products [and body products] are the single most important factor in starting on a path to natural beauty. Check out my radio show on March 8, 2010, with Susie Wang, the founder of 100% Pure Cosmetics and my blog for this show.
In love and light….